You are here: Home > Departments > Recreation > Swimming Information > Swim Team Information
Seven Hills Swim Team
2023 Swim Team Information
2022 Summer RSSL Champions!
Register | Meet Results | Medical Release Forms | Seahawks GroupMe Chat | Order Family T-Shirts
Individual All-Time Top Times | Individual/Relay Records | Competitive Swimming Clinics
We offer an inclusive competitive swimming program for all ability levels ages five and up. If your child can swim 25-yards/meters freestyle and 25-yards/meters backstroke non-stop, they can participate in this program. In the Fall, Winter, and Spring we will have one swim meet a month. In the summer we will have five to six swim meets where we compete against other local recreation swim teams in the Recreational Suburban Swim League. Contact Mike to schedule an evaluation to see if this program is right for your child at email@example.com or 216-524-6262 ext. 404.
Parents/Guardians Informational Meeting: Wednesday, May 31st @ 6 pm
Sessions Runs: June 19th through July 29th.
Practice Times and Locations (Subject to Change):
- Mondays and Wednesdays located at the Seven Hills Pool:
- 10 and under from 5-6 pm and 11 and over from 6-7 pm.
- Tuesdays and Thursdays located at Normandy High School:
- 10 and under from 10-11 am and 11 and over from 10-10:30 am.
Coaches and Other Contact Information:
- Head Coach: Jarrod Lively
- Assistant Coaches: Olivia, Kyle, Erin, and Sydney
- Swim Team Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mike (Aquatics Supervisor) | 216-524-6262 ext. 404 | email@example.com
- Jen (Recreation Director) | 216-524-6262 ext. 401 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Swim Team T-shirt (Each registered swimmer gets on free.)
- Additional t-shirts for families can be ordered ($12 each or $14 each for XXL).
- Swim Caps (Can be purchased at the front desk for $5 each.)
- Goggles (Can be purchased at the front desk for $10 each.)
Parents/Guardians Help Needed:
- We need volunteers for each swim meet this summer. Each family is required to sign up for at least two meetings. To sign up, go to http://rb.gy/agao5.
- If you are interested in helping to organize fundraisers, please contact Mike.
Important Dates and Notes:
- May 29th: Memorial Day Parade. Meet at St. Columbkille Parking Lot by 10 am. The parade kicks off at 10:30 am sharp! The parade ends at Rec Center / City Hall campus. We ask that you please stay for the ceremony to honor our Veterans.
- June 1st: Join the Seahawks Parent/Guardian GroupMe group at https://t.ly/CWtu.
- June 3rd: Complete the swimmer commitment form at http://rb.gy/rvhow.
- June 5th: T-shirt order and payment due. To order t-shirts go to https://t.ly/NGi3.
- June 9th: Sign up to volunteer for at least two swim meets at https://t.ly/LOv-
- June 10th: Medical/Contact Forms Due to Mike. Your child will not be able to swim practice or meets unless these forms are in. To download the forms, go to https://t.ly/dEv4.
- July 12th: Team/Individual Picture Day. Information Coming Soon!
- August 5th: End of Season Party from 6 to 8 pm.
2023 Meet Schedule:
- June 22 @ North Olmsted Recreation Center - 4:45 PM Arrival | 5 PM Warmup | 6 PM Meet Start
- June 29 @ Brooklyn recreation Center - 4:45 PM Arrival | 5 PM Warmup | 6 PM Meet Start
- July 13 @ Garfield Heights Pool (Home) - 4:45 PM Arrival | 5 PM Warmup | 6 PM Meet Start
- July 20 @ Garfield Heights Pool (Home) - 4:45 PM Arrival | 5 PM Warmup | 6 PM Meet Start
- July 29 @ RSSL Championships - Start Time TBD
- Brooklyn Recreation Center: 7600 Memphis Ave, Brooklyn, OH 44144 (216.351.5334)
- Garfield Heights Outdoor Pool: 5407 Turney Rd, Garfield Heights, Ohio (216.475.7272)
- North Olmsted Recreation Center: 26000 Lorain Rd, North Olmsted, Ohio (440.734.8200)
- Seven Hills Recreation Center: 7777 Summitview Dr, Seven Hills, Ohio (216.524.6262)
The night before each swim meet:
- It is important to eat well the night before the swimming meet. Eating food that contains a high amount of carbs (such as pasta and bread) will allow your body to store the carbs and give you energy for your race.
- Get lots of sleep the night before so that your body is well rested for competing!
- Drink lots of water before and between your races to stay hydrated. Also, on the day of the event try to eat lighter, healthier meals, and bring snacks with you.
What should you bring to a swim meet?
- Team suit, cap, and goggles (Always bring extra caps and goggles just in case!)
- Towels! Bring more than one!
- Sport swim team “spirit wear” if you have some.
- Sweatpants, sweatshirts, shorts, t-shirt, or other warmups to keep warm between races (preferably something you do not mind getting wet, since you will want to put it on after your race because the air often feels cold).
- Bring an extra set of dry clothes in a bag to change into after the swimming meet.
- Flip flops, crocs, or deck shoes.
- Drinks – water, Gatorade, Vitamin Water, etc.
- Something to eat between events because some swimming meets can go on for hours. Light snacks are good such as pretzels, cereal, fruit snacks, apples, bananas etc. Coolers are good to bring with beverages and snacks since it is usually hot outside.
- A sharpie marker for writing events / lanes on your arm.
- Bring chairs for both parents and swimmers to sit on.
- Each family is required to sign up as a timer for at least two swim meets. If you do not sign up for at least two swimming meets, we will assign meets for your family.
- Each swimmer is required to attend two swim meets to swim in the championship meet.
- Each swimmer is required to attend two practices a week to swim in meets.
- Please email Mike Gallagher seven days before the swim meet if you cannot make it at email@example.com.
- Arrive 15 minutes before warm-up. Be ready to get in the pool at the warmup time considering that it takes some time to put your things down, check in with coaches, etc.
- There will be a designated area for our swim team. This helps the coaches and parents find kids to make sure that they get to their events on time.
- Please help your child get to their events as coaches are often busy organizing swimmers for the events currently going on.
- All swimmers must participate in team stretches.
- After your race, talk to the coaches to get feedback.
- It shows good sportsmanship when you stay in the water, and you shake hands with the other swimmers in the lanes next to you when the race ends.
- We are a team and teams should support each other. Please cheer on your fellow swim team members during the race and congratulate them after the race.