You are here: Home > Departments > Recreation > Swim Team Information
Seven Hills Swim Team
This program is designed for swimmers ages 5 and up that have a desire to swim at the competitive level. In the Fall, Winter, and Spring we practice only, but in the summer session we compete against other local recreation swim teams in the Recreational Suburban Swim League. If your child can swim 25-yards freestyle and 25-yards backstroke non-stop, they can participate in this group (25-yards = One Length of the pool).
- Monday and Wednesday
- 10 and Under from 5 to 6 pm and 11 & Over from 6 to 7 pm
- Fall Session #2: October 25th to November 19th, 2021
- Fall Session #3: November 29th to December 22nd, 2021
- Winter Session #1: January 3rd to January 26th, 2022
- Winter Session #2: February 7th to March 2nd, 2022
- Saturdays Only
- 10 am to 11 am
- Fall Session #2: November 20th to December 18th, 2021
- Winter Session #1: January 8th to February 26th, 2022
2021 Summer Swim Team Info
Parents/Guardians Informational Meeting: Thursday, May 27th at 6 pm
Team website: http://www.sevenhillsohio.org/en-US/Swim-team.aspx
League Website: https://www.swimrssl.org/
Sessions Runs: June 7th through July 31st.
Practice Times and Locations (Subject to Change):
- Mondays and Wednesday at the Seven Hills Pool
- Tuesdays and Thursdays at the Valley Forge High School (9999 Independence Blvd #4644, Parma Heights, OH 44130)
Coaches and Other Contact Information:
- Head Coaches: Eden and Jocelyn
- Assistant Coaches: Giana, Jarrod, and Tim.
- Swim Team Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mike Gallagher (Aquatics Supervisor) | 216-524-6262 ext. 404 | email@example.com
- Jen Burger (Recreation Director) | 216-524-6262 ext. 401 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mike Gallagher Email List Coordinator: To be added onto the Email List, please email Mike at email@example.com.
- You can now order t-shirts and swim caps online.
- Each swimmer gets a free T-Shirt and one blank swim cap (Upon Request).
- Additional t-shirts can be purchased for $15 each.
- Additional blank swim caps can be purchased at the front desk for $2.
- Goggles can be purchased at the front desk for $10 each.
Important Dates and Notes:
- May 31st: Memorial Day Parade. Meet at St. Columbkille Parking Lot by 10 am. The parade kicks off at 10:30 am sharp! The parade ends at Rec Center / City Hall campus. We ask that you please stay for the ceremony to honor our Veterans.
- June 2nd: Sign up to time two swim meets. Click HERE to sign up.
- June 3rd: Medical/Contact Forms Due to Mike Gallagher. Your child will not be able to swim unless these forms are in. Click HERE to access the medical forms. You can also get these forms at the front desk.
- June 4th: T-shirt/Swim Cap order due. Click HERE to order t-shirts/swim.
- June 5th: T-shirt/Swim Cap Payment Due. Make checks payable to the City of Seven Hills.
- June 7th: First day of swim practice.
- TBA: Picture Day
- August 7th: End of Season Party from 6-7:30 pm.
Parents/Guardians Help Needed:
- Volunteer timers/meet workers are needed for each swim meet. Each family is required to sign up for at least two meets. Click HERE to sign up.
- If any parent is interested in helping to organize fundraisers, please contact Coach Eden firstname.lastname@example.org.
- June 24, 2021 vs. Seven Hills @ Garfield Heights Pool - RESULTS
- July 1, 2021 vs. Westview/Razor Sharks @ Garfield Heights Pool - RESULTS
- July 8, 2021 vs. Huntington Park @ Garfield Heights Pool - RESULTS
- July 17, 2021 vs. Brooklyn/Broadview Heights @ Brooklyn Rec Pool - RESULTS
- July 22, 2021 vs. CSI @ CSI Pool - RESULTS
- July 31, 2021 @ Champs (Brooklyn Rec Pool) - RESULTS
- Brooklyn Recreation Center: 7600 Memphis Ave. Brooklyn, Ohio
- Cleveland Swim Institute: 1 Eagle Valley Court, Broadview Heights, Ohio
- Garfield Heights Outdoor Pool: 5407 Turney Rd, Garfield Heights, Ohio
The night before each swim meet:
- It is important to eat well and get plenty of sleep the night before the meet.
- Stay hydrated before and between your races. Also – the day of the meet try to eat a lighter, healthy meal. Be sure to bring some snacks to the meet.
What should you bring to a swim meet?
- Team suit, cap, and goggles (Always bring extra caps and goggles just in case!)
- Towels! Bring more than one!
- Wear swim team spirit wear if you have some.
- Dress with the weather. It can be extremely hot, cold, rainy, or little bit of everything😊.
- Sunscreen for those hot and sunny days.
- Bring an extra set of dry clothes in a bag to change after the meet.
- Flip flops, crocs, or deck shoes.
- Drinks – water, Gatorade, Vitamin Water, etc.
- Snacks – something to eat between events because some meets can go for hours.
- A sharpie marker for writing events/lanes on your arm.
- Chairs – for both parents and swimmers to sit on.
- Bring an umbrella or two.
- For the outdoor meets, bring a tent to protect you and your family from the sun or rain.
- Check your email often. We will be sending out important information and updates.
- Wear a mask and/or maintain social distancing at facilities where it is required or mandated by the board of health.
- Please email Mike at email@example.com seven days in advance if you cannot make a meet.
- Each family is required to sign up as a timer/meet worker for at least two swim meets. If you do not sign up for at least two meets, we will assign meets for your family.
- Each swimmer is required to attend 2 swim meets to swim in the champs meet and attend 2 practices a week to swim in meets.
- Write your child’s event name, number, and heat on their arm with a sharpie.
- All swimmers must arrive 15-minutes before warm-up to check in with the coaches, team stretches and a team cheer.
- Go to the designated area for our swim team and set up camp. This helps the coaches and parents find kids to make sure that they get to their events on time.
- Please assist in getting your child their events/clerk of course (For 10 and under swimmers only.) as coaches are often busy organizing swimmers for the events currently going on. Please keep in mind the coaches will do the best they can to make sure your swimmers get to their events. If they cannot find the swimmer, it may affect a whole relay team.
- After your race, talk to the coaches to get feedback.
- Be a great sport! Shake hands, fist bump, or high five after your races with your opponent.
- We are a team and teams should support each other. Please show your team spirit by cheering on your fellow swimmers.
- If there is a playground at a pool, please have your child stay off it. There have been swimmers that have been hurt in the past.
- Make sure that all garbage/debris is put into the garbage can during and after the meet. We want to make sure that we leave the area clean like we found it.
- Plan to stay until the end of the meet. If you must leave early, you must check in with a coach to make sure the swimmer completed all your swimming events. In the past, swimmers would leave early, and it would affect a whole relay team.