You are here: Home > Departments > Senior & Health Services > Seven Hills Human Services > Senior Advisory Group
Senior Advisory Group
In partnership with the Mayor and City Council, the Seven Hills Senior Advisory Group strives to identify a continuum of services for seniors to enhance the quality of life providing comprehensive and excellent services to all those that live, work, and visit in the City of Seven Hills. To demonstrate a special interest in our senior citizens, which recognizes cultural diversity, is responsive and respectful and promotes the dignity and well being of the individual.
- Early in 2008, consideration of the formation of a Senior Advisory Group (SAG) was offered to the Administration
- At the recommendation of Mayor Bentkowski, contacted several other municipalities regarding their use of such a group
- Above information and a formal request for the formation of SAG was submitted to City Council in June 2008
- In 2007 sent out survey which asked who would be interested in learning more about SAG
- 75 residents responded that they would be interested in learning more about SAG
- In April 2008 the first meeting was held at City Hall to identify people who would be interested in becoming Board Members - 21 people attended
- 6 residents responded with their bio to be considered for the SAG Board
- Upon further discussion it was determined that an official formalized board was not desired based on the lack of participation from members who were not already formal board members of other city groups
Membership is open to the public and voluntary. Any resident or resident advocate is welcome to attend and participate in meetings and activities
- Time and dates of meetings can be obtained in the City Hall event calendar. Most months the meetings are held on the 4th Tuesday at 10:00am.
- Meetings are open to the public in the City Hall Community Room.
Roles of Group Member
- Have a continuing awareness and an intelligent response to the expectations, needs and concerns of senior citizens
- To advise, recommend and assist our City officials in the planning, coordinating, facilitating and advocating the appropriate services and assistance as they pertain to the senior community
- Represents the interest of Seven Hills Senior residents.
- Helps develop focus of Senior Services Department
- Serves as ambassadors for Senior Services within the City of Seven Hills
- Develops and recommends possible services and programs for Senior Residents
- Distributes information concerning Seniors and aging issues
- Assumes a visible leadership role in volunteering for Senior Activities
- Attends monthly meetings for updates and input