You are here: Home > Departments > Senior & Health Services > County Assistance Programs > Options for Elders
Options for Elders
Options for Elders is a flexible, affordable program that provides in-home care to older Cuyahoga County residents who, because of income and/or assets, are not eligible for PASSPORT or other Medicaid waiver programs.
- Medical Transportation
- Emergency Response System
- Adult day services
- Personal care
- Homemaker services
- Home delivered meals
- Information and assistance
- Case management by skilled social workers
To be eligible clients must be:
- 60+ years of age
- Cuyahoga County residents
- Living in a private home or apartment (excluding assisted living residences, adult care homes, nursing homes, and group homes)
- Eligible for support services based on an assessment of need for assistance with daily activities. Examples: adults with limited vision, who walk with a cane, or who need help with bathing and/or food preparation.
- Managing expenses on a modest monthly income with limited financial reserves
95% of Options clients rate their services as "good" or "excellent".
For further information, or to make referral by phone, call Options Intake at (216) 420-6800.