Home Support Services
If you are a Cuyahoga County resident and live in your own home or apartment, chances are we can help you receive the support services you need to live independently right at home.
For more information www.dsas.cuyahogacounty.us contains a chart which provides a quick overview of each of Department of Senior and Adult Services programs.
Caregiver respite provides an interval of rest or relief to qualifying residents who provide unpaid care to a relative or family member living in the same home. Qualified, caring DSAS home health aides take over the care of your loved one, so that you - the caregiver - can have a little time to run errands, schedule a medical appointment, or simply rest and recharge. There is no age requirement for the caregiver, as long as the adult being cared for meets eligibility requirement. Respite is available Monday through Friday, between 8 am and 5 pm, with a 75 hour maximum per 90 day period.
To be eligible for respite services through the Home Support Division, the caregiver must:
- Be a Cuyahoga County resident
- Be providing informal, unpaid care to a person living in the same home
- Be willing to share personal information for reporting requirements, such as date of birth, social security number, income and demographics
The adult receiving care must not be a beneficiary of a Medicaid waiver program, such as PASSPORT, PACE, or enrolled in the Options program. The adult receiving care must:
- Be 60+ or an adult child with mental retardation, or developmental disability with onset prior to age 22
- Have annual income at, or below, 150% of the federal poverty level, ($15,315 for a one-person house)
- Be frail
- Be willing to share personal information for reporting requirements, such as date of birth, social security number, income and demographics.
Back to the Top | Back Home