Swimming Information / Pool Programs:
With a 94-foot long water slide, 12 different water features and 14,000 square feet of water fun, the Seven Hills Pool is the place to play! We offer programs from Youth Learn To Swim, Lifeguard Classes, Water Aerobics and so much more.
Current Swim Schedule
Aquatics Supervisor James Hirst at firstname.lastname@example.org
General Pool Rules:
- The lifeguard say is final; everyone must obey the guard at all times.
- Running, pushing, horseplay, & climbing on the play structures will not be permitted.
- Food, gum, beverages, & glass containers are not permitted in the pool area.
- The lifeguard has the authority to test a person's swimming ability at any time & reserves the right to ask anyone to leave the pool area.
- Diving & flipping from the side of the pool is not permitted anywhere in the pool area.
- Children 10 years & younger must be accompanied by an adult.
- Swimmers must take thorough shower before entering the water.
- Do not hang on lap lane dividers or life lines.
- People with open cuts or wounds will not be allowed in the water.
- Personal flotation devices are not permitted in the pool area.
- Anyone receiving an injury must fill out an incident report form with a lifeguard on duty.
- Balls & other play toys will not be permitted during open swim.
- Drugs & alcohol are not allowed in the pool area
- The use of mask, fins, scuba tanks, & snorkels are not permitted.
- Swimmers must be at least "48 tall to use the slide & parents are NOT allowed to stand at the bottom & catch their children.
- Non-toilet trained children must wear a swimmers diaper in the pool.
- Street & tennis shoes are NOT permitted on the pool deck.
- Only water in a plastic container is permitted in the pool area.
- Children 5 years of age and younger must be within arms reach of an adult at all times.
- ONLY Coastguard approved lifejackets are allowed.
- Any child wearing a lifejacket must be within arms reach of an adult at all times
- Swimmers must be at least "48 tall to use the slide. Parents are not allowed to stand at the bottom & catch a child.
- Users must ride feet first.
- One person on slide at a time.
- Stopping, changing positions, & forming chains are prohibited.
- Users must exit the landing area of slide immediately.
- Life Jackets or other flotation devices are prohibited on the slide.
- Must be 18 years of age or older to enter the spa.
- Observe reasonable time limits (10-15 min), then leave the water & cool down before returning for another brief stay.
- Pregnant women & persons suffering from heart disease, diabetes, or high blood pressure should not enter the spa before prior medical consult & permission from their doctor.
- Do not use spa under the influence of alcohol, tranquilizers, or other drugs that cause drowsiness or that raise or lower blood pressure.
- Long exposure may result in nausea, dizziness and/or fainting.
- Max # - 8 Persons.
- Do not use alone.
- Unsupervised use by children prohibited.
- Do not use at water temperatures greater than 104 degrees.
**ALL ACTIVITIES ARE UNDERTAKEN AT THE PARTICIPANT'S SOLE RISK *
*Please do Not add Water to the Sauna. It is a DRY SAUNA!
- Must be 18 years of age or older to enter the Sauna.
- No T-shirts, sweatshirts, UnderArmour or Long sleeve shirts permitted.
- Shoes are NOT permitted in the sauna at any time.
- Street Clothes are not permitted.
- Swimsuits are required.
- Observe reasonable time limits (10-15 min), then leave & cool down before returning for another brief stay.
- Long exposure may result in nausea, dizziness and/or fainting.
- Do not use the sauna if the temperature exceeds 170 degrees F.
- Pregnant women, elderly persons, children & persons suffering from high or low blood pressure should not use the sauna without first consulting a doctor.
- Do not use sauna under the influence of alcohol, tranquilizers, or other drugs that cause drowsiness or that raise or lower blood pressure.
- Max # - 8 Persons.
- Do not use alone.
- No food, gum, or drink of any kind allowed in the sauna at any time.
- Smoking, spitting and/or chewing is prohibited in the sauna.
- No shaving or personal manicuring in the sauna at any time.
- Books and/or paper of any kind is prohibited in the sauna.
- ANY VIOLATIONS MAY RESULT IN LOSS OF PRIVILEGES AT THE DISCRETION OF THE RECREATION DIRECTOR
- Users who feel faint or dizzy in the sauna should leave the sauna immediately.
- Danger - Prolonged use of sauna is not recommended. Limit yourself to a maximum of 10 minutes. Due to high temperatures, the sauna can be dangerous to your health. We recommend that you consult your physician before you use the sauna.
Learn To Swim
Click Here To Register For Any Of These Programs
Rules for Registration & Classes:
- There will be NO OPEN SWIM during our Learn To Swim Classes (with the exception of the Tuesday / Thursday Morning classes). This is for the safety of our students and instructors.
- Please dress children in the Locker Rooms - not on the Pool Deck - and have them carry their towel to class (parents are asked to walk their child to the pool area). If you will be helping your children in the Locker Rooms after class, please meet them near the Locker Room doors. To assist a child of the opposite gender age 3 or older, we ask that you use the
Family Changing Rooms provided.
- Parents must stay in the chairs around the perimeter of the Pool or behind the glass doors in the Gathering Room. In the event of an emergency, our lifeguards need quick access to the pool. If parents stand around the pool during class, they create an obstacle for our lifeguards. Also, some students may find it difficult to concentrate with Mom or Dad standing near the edge.
- Children will receive an evaluation on the last day of class. This evaluation will inform you of where your child should be placed for the upcoming session. At registration, please follow the suggested level on the previous report card to ensure proper placement.
- Due to the size of classes, we will only be offering make-up classes if the pool is closed due to weather or if it is the facility's fault that class is cancelled.
- Registration for class closes 24-hours prior to the class start date. A $10 late fee will be applied for those who do not abide.
It is our responsibility to provide a safe and positive learning experience for your child. We thank you for your cooperation in following these guidelines.
The Seven Hills Community Recreation Department swim program is specifically designed to give students a positive learning experience. We teach aquatic and safety skills in a logical progression, with the objective being swimming pool safety in, on and around the water. These classes are the most comprehensive and effective classes of its kind available anywhere! Please be patient, as children progress each at their own level.
Skill Level Requirements
- Water Wigglers: Ages 6 months to 3 years old: Build readiness by emphasizing fun in the water. Parents & children will participate in several guided sessions that help children learn basic water skills and adjust to the water. Most importantly, it's fun for parents and kids!
- Preschool 1: Ages 3 -5 years: Helps children adjust to the water at heir own pace. Working on going under water, blowing bubbles, floating and kicking.
- Preschool 2: Ages 3 - 5 years old: should be able to go under water on their own: Students will work on becoming more independent in the water. Includes floating on their own, swimming on their own and much more!
- Level 1: For ages 5+: Students will work on becoming more comfortable in the water and learn to enjoy it safely while working on independent floating and kicking, underwater exploration, swimming pool safety and more!
- Level 2: Must pass Level 1 or be able to back float and front float on their own for 10 seconds and swim 20 feet on front, unsupported. Students will work on front crawl, rhythmic breathing, back crawl, front glides, back glides and much more!
- Level 3: Must pass Level 2 or swim front and back crawl 50-feet unassisted: Students will work on front crawl with rhythmic breathing, back crawl, elementary backstroke and much more!
- Level 4: Must pass Level 3 or be able to swim front and back crawl 25-meters, know elementary backstroke and be able to tread water. Students will work on refining their current strokes along with learning the breaststroke and sidestroke while building their endurance. New skills will include underwater swimming, open turns and survival techniques.
- Level 5: Must pass Level 4 or be able to swim 25-meters front and back crawl, 15-meters elementary backstroke and breaststroke. Skills refined include front crawl, back crawl, elementary backstroke, breaststroke, side stroke, open turns, survival swimming and endurance. New skills include butterfly, surface diving, flip turns, alternate kicks and breathing.
Fall 2013 Lifeguard Classes
Fall 2: Nov. 3rd - Dec. 22nd - Register Today - Space is limited!
Sundays 1pm - 5pm
Certifications will include American Red Cross Lifeguarding, First Aid, CPR and AED for the Professional Rescuer. Books and materials included! All classes are MANDATORY to be certified!
Registration begins Aug 15, 2013
Contact James Hirst at email@example.com for details.
For Private Lessons pricing and information please contact James Hirst at firstname.lastname@example.org
You will need a PDF Reader to view these PDFs. You can download Adobe Reader for free here.
Seven Hills Seahawks Swim Team
Congrats on a 2nd place finish at Champs Seahawks!!
Winter Swim Conditioning
Registration Opens Nov. 6th
Winter session runs January 13th - March 5th
Cost: Members: $45, Non-Members: $60
Monday / Wednesday Night Practices will be held at the Seven Hills Recreation Center.
Ages 10 & Under Practice: NOTE TIME CHANGE!
Monday & Wednesday Evenings: 5pm - 6pm
Ages 11 & Up Practice: NOTE TIME CHANGE!
Monday & Wednesday Evenings: 6pm - 7pm
Infant Swimming Resource (ISR) Lessons
A fun-looking toy, a colorful insect, a curious reflection - there’s no telling what will draw your child into a drowning situation - even under your supervision. Protect your children with the Self-Rescue(TM) training they need to survive in the water.
Infant Swimming Resource (ISR) is nationally recognized as the safest Self-Rescue swimming program for infants and young children. In 40 years, more than 200,000 infants and young children have gone through the ISR program with more than 7 million safe and effective lessons. In 4-6 weeks, infants from 6 months to 12 months of age learn how to hold their breath underwater, roll onto their backs and float unassisted. Children 1-6 years of age learn a swim-float-swim sequence.
Make the most important call of your child’s life today.
Fall 2013 Session Runs 10/14/2013 - 10/25/2013
Spring and Summer 2014 Dates Also Available!
To learn more, visit www.infantswim.com or contact:
Adam W. Hudak, Certified ISR Instructor email@example.com 216.789.6500
Fall Session August 26th - December 20th
Winter Session January 6th - April 11th
CARDIO & TONING WITH LEIGH:
Change-up your workouts at the Pool! This class is a combination of cardio intervals along with strengthening and toning moves. Great for beginners or those with experience ~ a fun time for everyone! Taught by certified instructors around the 4-foot depth. Tuesdays & Thursdays: 6:00pm -7:00pm
LOW IMPACT WATER AEROBICS WITH RENEE:
Get a great work-out without the pain! Water Aerobics offers great results while you enjoy the water. Low-Impact, High Intensity! All classes taught by certified instructors - class meets around the 4-foot depth. Spring: Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays: 9:15am - 10:00am
Summer: Mondays & Fridays: 8:15am - 9:00am
ARTHRITIS WATER AEROBICS:
This program is specifically geared towards adults with Arthritis. Participants are provided with gentle aquatic activities with the guidance of a certified Arthritis Foundation Instructor. All exercises are low-impact and done around the 4-foot depth.
Spring: Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays: 10:00am - 10:45am
Summer: Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays: 9:00am - 9:45am
All Water Aerobics Classes are offered through our Punch Card System. Punch Cards are good for any 12 water classes.
(Card expires after 8 months).
Members: $37, Non-Members: $49
Drop In's: Member: $5 Non-Member: $7
In compliance with the ADA, The Recreation Center now has a portable Aquatics Lift for members and guests. If you need assistance using the Lift, please speak with a Lifeguard or Manager.
Back to the Top | Back Home